FaithWorks North – St. Andrew and Emmaus
Decisions made October 8, 2013 for Shared Worship
• Start date: Reformation Saturday and Sunday, October 26 and 27 at St. Andrew with Pastor Mary preaching
• Monthly rotation of location:
• Saturday worship services at 4:30 p.m.
• Sunday worship services at 9:00 a.m.
• Pastor Mary and Pastor Michael would preach two weekends each month; Pastor Michael would have two weekends off, and Pastor Mary would have one weekend off each month.
• Primary Sunday musician – Brenda Trumbauer; Primary Saturday musician – Alex Poyner. The expense for these two musicians would be shared equally between St. Andrew and Emmaus. Invitation to Joyce Kaiser to play the organ last Sunday of each month.
• Until the end of 2013, each congregation will be responsible for ushers, greeters, and communion set-up at the services held at their church. People from the partner church will be encouraged to “shadow” them and learn the ropes in the other setting.
• For the first couple of weeks, there will be a person at the “closed” church to provide information and an invitation to those who come there expecting a worship service.