Based upon the tweets from last week’s Greater Milwaukee Synod Assembly in Waukesha, voting representatives took the following actions:
- Elected Scott Manske (Martin Luther Church, Milwaukee) as Synod Council Vice President.
- Reelected Lee Johnston (Redeemer, Milwaukee) as Synod Council Treasurer.
- Passed Resolution 1, proposing changes to the current Mission Clusters within the synod.
- Passed Resolution 2, directing the Synod Council to develop a policy and procedure to handle the proceeds from the sale of churches that have closed.
- Passed Resolution 3, calling for the formation of a Refugee Resettlement Task Force.
- Passed Resolution 4, expressing support for the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Jordan and the Holy Land (ELCJHL) and the Peace Not Walls campaign of the ELCA.
- Passed Resolution 5, to memorialize the 2013 ELCA Churchwide Assembly to urge passage of legislation to prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of actual or perceived sexual orientation or gender identity.
- Passed Resolution 6, calling for synod compensation guidelines for health care plans to closely reflect previously existing guidelines.