The Latino ministry at Emmaus Lutheran Church invites the entire community to a clinic to apply for inclusion in the DREAM (Development, Relief and Education of Alien Minors) program. This is NOT merely an information session. Come and apply!
A lawyer will be on hand filling the applications for ONLY $325 (and if there is a big response from the community, we have two additional lawyers waiting to be called at the scene!), Compare that with standard fees of $700-1,500 many lawyers are charging to fill the application.
To qualify for the DREAM Act an applicant must adhere to several very strict guidelines that include the following:
- The applicant must have entered the United States prior to their 16th birthday.
- The applicant must have been in the United States for at least 5 consecutive years prior to the bill passing.
- The applicant must have graduated from High School, obtained a GED or currently be enrolled in College, a Trade School or another type of Institution for Higher Learning.
- The applicant must currently be 30 and under at the time they are applying.
- The applicant must have good moral standing (no previous or current convictions).
Emaus camina contigo! Sessions at Emmaus will be on Sunday, August 26 from 8:00 a.m. to noon and Saturday, September 1 from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Additional sessions will be offered at the FaithWorks Fall Festival at St. Andrew Lutheran Church, 1015 Four Mile Road, September 15 and 16. Please call our office at 262 634-5515 to register for an appointment. Also make sure to ask for the check list of requirements so that you are well prepared!